Project Manager III
Manage projects from receipt of the purchase order until it has been shipped and the customer satisfied. Works internally and with customers to ensure product meets customer expatiation in terms of design, performance, and timeliness. Ensures appropriate documentation is completed throughout project, and documents lessons learned for use in future project planning. Performs other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday with weekends as needed
In addition to the following the Project Manager III is also responsible for supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The activities listed below will be performed at all levels within the progression but with increasing independence and emphasis on unique situations and original thought. Independent thought and problem-solving is expected with ability to identify difficulties and works to take proactive measures and prevent project delays.
- Leads project team, clarifies customer requirements and specification as outlined in the quote and customer specifications
- Works with the project team to assure design concept is consistent with the project scope and is capable of satisfying all project requirements
- Complete appropriate documentation for machine – including a product manual for the customer
- Establishes key milestones to drive progress toward machine build completion
- Documents and tracks all project changes
- Supports internal dry cycle run, debug and run-off processes to certify product performance
- Ensure appropriate cleanup and documentation occur upon completion of testing
- Ensures appropriate documentation of design decision is maintained
- Monitors component deliveries and works with purchasing to adjust schedules accordingly
- Maintain project communication boards and/or provides direction to Project Manager(s) I
- Arranges shipment of the finished product from Extol to the Customers facility
Core Qualities (Expected in all employees within the organization)
Remains open to others’ ideas and new approaches to work, contributes to building a positive team environment, inspires the trust of others, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Learns and trains co-operatively to help build one’s own skills; and other’s skills, works ethically with integrity; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; uses time efficiently (to include streamlining communications and meetings); sets goals and objectives for oneself and is accountable to make weekly steps to change and holds others accountable to do the same.
Knowledge of Extol’s Mission: Extol is an engineering and innovation company that improves the way plastic products are made. We work with our customers to develop a robust product and process solution through prototyping and testing. We also provide production equipment to meet their unique needs and then support that equipment globally.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS degree in Engineer and 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience with demonstrated ability to conclude complex projects on time within budget
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of complex machine design, build and control systems as well as production and product launch techniques
- Demonstrated in-depth production processes (plastics joining and assembly techniques) with the ability to develop original solutions to complex production issues
- Demonstrated understanding of special machinery with the ability to problem solve moderately complex issues
- In-depth understanding of PMO concepts, practices, tools/techniques and procedures to manage complex and unique projects
- Maintains PMP or CAPM certification from PMI
- Minimum of 5 years in managing customer processes for quality with ability to leverage that knowledge to increase customer satisfaction
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Leadership skills with ability to continually strive for excellence
- Manages performance standards for Project Managers I and II
- Ability to consistently manage projects that push the limits of our capacity and technology with successful results
- Ability to work well into the first third of the project timeline to identify and mitigate risk while maintaining effective communication with customers and internal resources
- Demonstrated capacity to work inside of the PMO on internal and process development projects
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non- hazardous chemicals and lubricants. Working with and around machinery with some light lifting of customer product when debugging. Heavy lifting requirements are done with overhead crane (if needed)
Company Wide Expectations
- Adheres to Character Statement: “The people of Extol are committed to care for each other, trust each other, and work hard together to create great outcomes for our customers, each other and communities locally, nationally and internationally through significant impact.”
- Adheres to all company policies as communicated
- Supports and cooperates with decisions made regarding the business direction of the company, to further the Extols mission of innovation
- Keeps up-to-date on all company emails for communication purposes
How To Apply
Interested in joining the Extol Team?
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for in the Subject line of the email.
Extol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
For additional support, please contact us.