Service Engineer II
Installs, repairs, and services machine control and electrical systems at customer site. Identifies the root cause of the reported problem and determines the most effective solution to prevent further concerns. Debugs and optimizes machine control to achieve specified machine functionality and required cycle times. Orders electrical, controls and fluid power components and supplies. Works to achieve customer satisfaction in diverse and stressful situations.
- BS degree in electrical engineering or related science, or equivalent, with experience reading and debugging PLC and OPI code and writing basic computer programs.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing, building or programming controls for special machine
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in order to resolve complaints and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot safety circuits with experience in PLC logic and programming and ability to program embedded simple coordinated motion
- Demonstrated ability to create simple schematics and layouts using AutoCAD software.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate simple self-contained motion controls.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of pneumatics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team along with strong organizational skills to efficiently plan and complete work details.
- Demonstrated initiative to be proactive in identifying and addressing issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of third party component software, (i.e., color sensors, screw qualifiers, barcode readers, etc.). Demonstrated ability to work with factory or sales reps to achieve a working solution.
- Demonstrated experience wiring special machines, working with AC and DC motors and gearing, and designing or building electrical panels.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of machining techniques (metal forming, plastics joining, and assembly techniques) with the ability to problem-solve moderately complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience programming robots.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing lighting, optical and vision systems.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of NEC requirements, machine safety, and work safety.
- Must possess current, valid driver’s license and passport in order to travel to customer site and be comfortable with overnight and extended travel requirements (70-80% travel both local and domestic with potential for international)
How To Apply
Interested in joining the Extol Team?
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for in the Subject line of the email.
Extol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
For additional support, please contact us.