Performs routine warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of products, parts, and material. Loads, unloads, moves or stores items according to delivery or routing documents or team leader instructions. Compares contents of material being received or shipped to shipping documents or bill of lading to ensure accurate quantities and conformance to specifications. Prepares receiving or shipping reports and notes any shortages or damages.
Performs other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday with weekends as needed
In addition to the following, the Shipping/Receiving Clerk is also responsible for supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety requirements and communicates any safety concerns.
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area
- Processes return shipments from vendors by contacting them for return authorization paperwork.
- Documents information relating to receipt, storage, or distribution of materials.
- Maintains department database, prepare routine reports, and files shipping/receiving records. Enters all received materials into material management system.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects, records and communicates discrepancies or damages. Moves items to designated storage area and stores according to safety guidelines.
- Coordinates shipment of outgoing materials, or products.
- Checks items to be shipped against work orders to verify that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Assists with order Kanban inventory
- May coordinate the stock and reorder of standard commodity products and supplies.
- Continuously works to improve the accuracy, timeliness, and safety of all material movement and storage functions.
- Receives and unloads incoming parts, raw materials or product and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Prepares shipping documents and mailing labels.
- Determines most economical and efficient shipping methods, then prepares/packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- May work directly with freight companies and vendors to schedule dates and times for deliveries.
- May schedule company vehicle deliveries
- Assists with calling on vendors to confirm and document current delivery dates for purchased components.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Delivers raw materials or work-in-process parts to internal departments according to build schedule. Ensures deliveries are accurate and timely to ensure no work delays occur.
Core Qualities (Expected in all employees within the organization)
Remains open to others’ ideas and new approaches to work, contributes to building a positive team environment, inspires the trust of others, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Learns and trains co-operatively to help build one’s own skills; and other’s skills, works ethically with integrity; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; uses time efficiently (to include streamlining communications and meetings); sets goals and objectives for oneself and is accountable to make weekly steps to change and holds others accountable to do the same.
Knowledge of Extol’s Mission: Extol is an engineering and innovation company that improves the way plastic products are made. We work with our customers to develop a robust product and process solution through prototyping and testing. We also provide production equipment to meet their unique needs and then support that equipment globally.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent of 6-8 years of experience
- Demonstrated basic math skills to accurately verify counts and match to order.
- Ability to convert metric to U.S. weight and volume measurements
- Ability to operate material handling equipment (including forklifts and cranes) to move products.
- Must possess a current, valid driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills to maintain records, create reports, and communicate needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in order to resolve discrepancies or delays.
- Ability to focus on details to ensure accuracy and accomplish multiple and flexible priorities
Preferred Skills & Experience
- College degree in logistics or similar field
- Ability to drive a forklift truck and delivery vehicle
- Ability to gain forklift licensure.
- Experience in developing more complex spreadsheets and data reports
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non- hazardous chemicals and lubricants.
- Work involves moderate physical activity including frequent standing, squatting, stooping, bending, twisting, walking, and stretching. Requires regular manual lifting of packages weighing up to 50 lbs. Greater lifting requirements are performed with powered material handling equipment.
- Work results in moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures encountered on the docks.
- Work may require non-typical work hours including Saturdays and overtime to meet project deadlines. Must be able to maintain focus and concentration to ensure safety and quality of work.
- This is a fulltime position with hours averaging 48/week.
Company Wide Expectations
- Adheres to Character Statement: “The people of Extol are committed to care for each other, trust each other, and work hard together to create great outcomes for our customers, each other and communities locally, nationally and internationally through significant impact.”
- Adheres to all company policies as communicated
- Supports and cooperates with decisions made regarding the business direction of the company, to further the Extols mission of innovation
- Keeps up-to-date on all company emails for communication purposes
How To Apply
Interested in joining the Extol Team?
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for in the Subject line of the email.
Extol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
For additional support, please contact us.