This entry-level accountant supports the Accountant 2 in responsibilities of the Corporate Services Group. They have a good working knowledge of professional general accounting procedures. With general supervision, they process Accounts Receivable, record financial information, prepare financial reports, and at times perform clerical tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Accounts Receivable Inventory Backflush invoicing. This also includes reconciliation of deferred revenue.
- Uploading invoices to customer invoicing portals as needed.
- Daily processing of Cash Receipts for sign-off of Senior Accountant and Accountant 2.
- Cross-train to cover other team member’s duties such as processing Accounts Payable.
- Issuance of timely and accurate management reports such as the Weekly A/R Update and the Past Due Report.
- Assist in the month-end closing process where applicable.
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts through the use of the company’s quality management system.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time as directed by the Accountant 2.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable Collections by issuing progressive payment requests on past-due accounts and communicating issues with Project Managers, Customer Service department or Account Managers when necessary as well as troubleshooting invoice approval issues with customer Accounts Payable departments.
- Monitoring the company’s webstore and charging customer credit cards.
- Processing customer Sales Tax Exemption Certificates for applicable states
- Covering the company’s front desk one day a week to welcome customers/vendors into the facility, directing incoming phone calls, and processing the incoming mail
- Maintain the company’s system of assigning a customer’s credit status. This involves:
- Communicating with sales staff regarding qualification of accounts.
- Researching information from credit organization.
- Maintain records on delinquent accounts and credit risks.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to problem-solve
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Process-driven mindset
- Highly organized with ability to manage time well and multi-task
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- High proficiency in Excel
- Self-starter with curious mindset
- Familiarity with various ERP systems
- Experience with collections
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
As a critical member of the Corporate Services department, it is expected that month-end closing days are reserved from vacations wherever possible.
In addition to the following the Accountant 1 is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.