The Additive Manufacturing Engineer is the technical expert within Extol’s Digital Development Center (DDC).
The Additive Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for understanding, operating within, and improving upon all performance parameters of the Multi Jet Fusion printing process as well as key secondary processes such as vapor smoothing and joining of multi-section assemblies.
This role is also responsible for communicating internal and customer-defined quality control criteria to DDC technicians.
The Additive Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for packing and scheduling builds, in collaboration with the DDC sales team and DDC ops lead.
Performs other duties that may be assigned by the DDC Ops Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become an expert in Multi Jet Fusion and other additive manufacturing related processes as needed to serve Extol’s customers.
- Plan and schedule printing in the DDC in collaboration with the DDC Ops
- Collaborate with DDC sales team to understand customer problems and solve them with additive manufacturing.
- Execute build preparation, printing, and post-processing of parts in the
- Continuously improve and expand Extol’s ability to leverage the MJF printing process through technical
- Attend and participate in daily cell stand
- Understand and utilize visual management tools in the DDC to communicate current workload to DDC sales team.
- Use SolidWorks and other design software to complete CAD
- Continuously improve the processes and systems in the
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe work
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with 3D printing and associated processes
- Experience with Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Proficient with CAD
- A passion for progressing the additive manufacturing industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in an Engineering role or equivalent
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with HP MJF 3D printing
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with Materialise Magics
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday with weekends as needed
This unique role may require flexible hours and operation of printing equipment outside of Extol’s normal business hours. This will be on a case by case basis at the discretion of the DDC Ops Lead.
In addition to the following duties below, the Additive Manufacturing Engineer is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
Travel is not expected.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.