The Additive Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the execution of work within Extol’s Digital Development Center (DDC) as directed by the DDC Operations Lead. The Additive Manufacturing Technician provides hands-on support in executing builds, maintaining equipment, completing post-processing, and fulfilling orders.
This role is also responsible for collaborating with DDC team members to continuously improve the DDC processes and customer experience.
Performs other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in daily cell stand up.
- Understand and utilize visual management tools in the DDC to accomplish directed daily work.
- Execute build unit preparation, printing, and post-processing of parts in the DDC.
- Continuously improve the processes and systems in the DDC.
- Become proficient with Multi Jet Fusion and other additive manufacturing related processes as needed to serve Extol’s customers
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on printers and other associated equipment in the DDC.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe work environment
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability and desire to work in a team.
- A passion for progressing the additive manufacturing industry.
- Affinity for hands-on work.
- Understanding of workplace safety requirements.
- Zeal to improve methods and processes.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 – 50 pounds periodically.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with 3D printing
Hours Required: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week (Average)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday with weekends as needed
This unique role may require flexible hours and operation of printing equipment outside of Extol’s normal business hours. This will be on a case by case basis at the discretion of the DDC Ops Lead.
In addition to the following duties below, the Additive Manufacturing Technician is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
Travel is not expected.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.