The Sales Engineer / Business Development (SEBD) will be focused on developing new business within a given market segment(s). This role is heavily focused on creating positive relationships with customers to grow Extol’s presence in the market. Understanding customer needs and putting in the necessary work to assure Extol is providing the right solution to the customer’s problem is the constant goal. Qualifying and disqualifying opportunities quickly and correctly will greatly benefit the SEBD. This role is all about continual growth and has the following responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus efforts on a particular market segment (medical, consumer products, automotive, etc).
- Target prospective customers and develop from a cold relationship.
- Understand customer needs and problems, to the root cause.
- Work closely with customers and Extol personnel to develop the right solutions to solve customer issues.
- Develop and present compelling value propositions for Extol’s full value chain to solve customer problems.
- Share responsibility for overall company growth and profit.
- Utilize Extol resources to aid in specifying Extol proprietary technology.
- Develop qualified leads into new business opportunities.
- Promote Extol’s proprietary technologies to foster the success of the applicable Business Units (BU’s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. degree in Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to be persuasive and to clearly understand and communicate complex technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates organizational skills including an ability to manage varying demands and deadlines. Demonstrates discipline to compile, organize, and store project information, and to effectively manage communication.
- Demonstrates understanding of business finance and the ability to apply understanding to estimate project costs.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and initiative to independently develop customer relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly analyze, compare, and interpret detailed information to uncover root issues.
- Minimum of ten years in sales, engineering and costing/quoting experience, or equivalent.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Demonstrates broad understanding of custom and automated equipment design, production processes (plastics joining, and assembly techniques), control and electrical systems, and product launch techniques with the ability to problem-solve complex issues and develop creative solutions.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
Frequent travel to customer sites may be required. Overnight travel is to be expected. Estimated 50%.
In addition to the following the Sales Engineer / Business Development is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.