Innovation Engineer, Electrical
Extol’s Innovation and Development (I&D) team seeks to creatively solve customer’s manufacturing challenges by utilizing diverse skills to trying new things and quickly learn new technologies. The creative engineer will work with a cross-functional team to rapidly prove concepts via prototypes and solutions. The I&D team strives to empathize and understand customer challenges, clearly define the objectives, and ideate solutions through rapids prototyping and testing of assumptions. The position requires an in-depth technical knowledge of embedded software and its applications within hardware systems. An understanding of manufacturing and mechanical solutions is a plus.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday with weekends as needed
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a team to develop architecture, conceptualize, design, and implement custom software and hardware to solve customer problems
- Collaborate with Extol’s diverse, cross-functional teams to quickly gain feedback on products and implement changes and solutions to that feedback
- Prototype and produce high quality, end-user focused control products
- Assist in strategic planning of software and hardware development for Extol products
- Seek and understand market feedback and effectively extract customer pain points and preferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Software and hardware engineering experience with microcontrollers
- Familiarity with embedded communication systems such as RS-485, UART, 12C, ethernet, etc.
- Experience with digital and analog hardware
- Passion to connect software and electronic hardware solution to manufacturing challenges
- Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams for the best solution
- A desire for collaboration in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers
- Passion for prototyping and hacking together new concepts
- Knowledge of product development via Agile, Scrum or Design Thinking is a plus
How To Apply
Interested in joining the Extol Team?
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for in the Subject line of the email.
We do NOT use an automated system to review applications. Your résumé will be reviewed by a human!
Extol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
To honor and glorify God in as many unique ways as possible as we build an organization that competes in the marketplace with excellence and a partnership that is ours in Christ Jesus.
The people of Extol are committed to care for each other, trust each other, and work hard together to create great outcomes for our customers, each other, and communities locally, nationally, and internationally through significant impact.
Extol is an engineering and innovation company that improves the way plastic products are made. We work with our customers to develop a robust product and process solution through prototyping and testing. We also provide production equipment to meet their unique needs and then support that equipment globally.
From humble beginnings in 1985, Extol has become a recognized supplier of high quality, standard and custom plastics-joining equipment. Approximately 90 employees work in our 53,400 square foot facility located in Zeeland, Michigan.
For additional support, please contact us.