The Senior Applications and Sales Engineer – Additive Manufacturing is responsible for leading the sales and applications development to achieve the objectives for the profit center. This position is responsible for finding new customers, maintaining relationships, and guiding customers to technical solutions that help them create value with additive manufacturing.
The Senior Applications and Sales Engineer – Additive Manufacturing follows the Extol Sales Process to understand true customer needs and timelines, works with internal personnel to develop the best solution, and presents strong value propositions to our customers. They are highly motivated by meeting and exceeding sales targets and continuously working to improve relationships with both new and existing customers.
The Senior Applications and Sales Engineer – Additive Manufacturing has deep technical knowledge in Design for Additive Manufacturing and the HP MJF 3D printing process and uses that knowledge to help customers find solutions.
Performs other duties that may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow the sales of the Additive Manufacturing Business Unit by maintaining relationships with current customers, expanding business within current customers, and finding and developing new customers.
- Understand customer needs and problems, to the root cause.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge and expertise about additive manufacturing and HP MJF 3D printing and use that expertise to help customers find solutions
- Develop and present compelling value propositions for Additive Manufacturing
- Collaborate with Additive Manufacturing Engineer and Digital Development Center Operations Lead to create solutions for customers while resulting in profitable business for Extol.
- Utilize Extol’s internal project tracking system to manage opportunities and set accurate forecasts.
- Delegate responsibilities to local sales personnel for local support across a wide customer organization to maximize overall Extol presence.
- Respond favorably to other sales personnel requests for support for 3D printing.
- Develop qualified leads into new business opportunities.
- Generate Additive Manufacturing sales opportunities and close sales to achieve the annual plan revenue and profit targets for the business unit.
- Promote Extol’s full range of capabilities where appropriate to contribute to the success of other business units at Extol.
- Work cross-functionally with the Director of Sales & Marketing and the Additive Manufacturing Business Unit Manager.
- Be the face of Extol across customer organizations.
- Demonstrate the Extol values internally as well as with customers.
Required Skills & Experience
- S. degree in Engineering or relevant discipline preferred. Relevant experience in substitution of degree may be considered.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to be persuasive and to clearly understand and communicate complex technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates organizational skills including an ability to manage varying demands and deadlines. Demonstrates discipline to compile, organize, and store project information, and to effectively manage communication.
- Demonstrates understanding of business finance and the ability to apply understanding to estimate project costs.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and initiative to independently develop customer relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly analyze, compare, and interpret detailed information to uncover root issues.
- Experience in sales, engineering, costing/quoting, or equivalent relating to 3D printing or other highly technical products.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with designing for additive manufacturing or sales related to additive manufacturing
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
Overnight business travel to customers should be expected. 30% Travel estimated.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.