The Service Engineer installs, repairs, and services plastic assembly machines at a customer site. Identifies the root cause of the reported problem and determines the most effective solutions to prevent further concerns. Troubleshoots and optimizes customer and standard machines to achieve functionality and required cycle times. Provide technical training for all plastics joining processes to customers and Extol personnel and assists with the development of process standards and best practices. Works to achieve customer satisfaction in diverse situations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent in a technical field.
- Experience reading and debugging PLC and OPI code and writing basic computer programs.
- Basic machining skills (drill-press, lathe, Bridgeport mill, etc.)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic circuits.
- Demonstrated ability to create simple schematics and layouts using AutoCAD software.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate simple self-contained motion controls.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience for SE II and 5 year’s experience for SE III servicing industrial equipment
- Demonstrated experience in PLC logic and programming.
- Demonstrated ability to program imbedded, basic coordinated motion.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of third party component software (i.e., color sensors, screw qualifiers, barcode readers, etc.). Demonstrated ability to work with factory or sales eps to achieve a working solution.
- Demonstrated experience wiring special machines, working with AC and DC motors and gearing and designing or building electrical panels.
This position will work out of Chattanooga or Knoxville, TN or Asheville, NC or Greenville, SC.
This position requires extensive travel in TN, NC, and SC. Typically, this position spends 60% of the time on overnight trips and 30% on day trips.
How To Apply
Interested in joining the Extol Team?
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for in the Subject line of the email.
Extol is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
To honor and glorify God in as many unique ways as possible as we build an organization that competes in the marketplace with excellence and a partnership that is ours in Christ Jesus.
The people of Extol are committed to care for each other, trust each other, and work hard together to create great outcomes for our customers, each other, and communities locally, nationally, and internationally through significant impact.
Extol is an engineering and innovation company that improves the way plastic products are made. We work with our customers to develop a robust product and process solution through prototyping and testing. We also provide production equipment to meet their unique needs and then support that equipment globally.
From humble beginnings in 1985, Extol has become a recognized supplier of high quality, standard and custom plastics-joining equipment. Approximately 90 employees work in our 53,400 square foot facility located in Zeeland, Michigan.
For additional support, please contact us.