Extol is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
As a Shipping and Receiving Clerk with Extol, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate shipment of outgoing materials, or products. Checks items to be shipped against work orders to verify that quantities, destination, and routing are correct. Determines most economical and efficient shipping method and prepares/packs items to ensure safe delivery. Prepares shipping documents and mailing labels.
- Receives and unloads incoming parts, raw materials or product and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment. Inspects shipments for damages or defects, records and communicates discrepancies or damages. Moves items to designated storage area and stores according to safety guidelines.
- Delivers raw materials or work-in-process parts to internal departments according to build schedule. Ensures deliveries are accurate and timely to ensure no work delays occur.
- Document information relating to receipt, storage, or distribution of materials. Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and files shipping/receiving records. Enters all received materials into material management system.
- Processes return shipments from vendors by contacting them for return authorization paperwork.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Continuously works to improve the accuracy, timeliness, and safety of all material movement storage functions.
- Follows all safety requirements and communicates any safety concerns.
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as needed.
We believe to be a successful Shipping and Receiving Clerk you will need the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret purchase orders, invoices, and production schedules.
- Demonstrated basic math skills to verify counts and match to order. Ability to convert metric to US weight and volume measurements.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment (including forklifts and cranes) to move products. Ability to drive a forklift truck and delivery vehicle. Must possess a current, valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills to maintain records, create reports, and communicate needs.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to efficiently plan and complete work tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in order to resolve discrepancies or delays.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Ability to manage time effectively and to adapt to shifting priorities.
If you are interested in joining a great team for this temporary opportunity, apply today.