Extol is an innovative manufacturing technology company striving to improve plastic products through engineering, plastic assembly technology, custom automation, and 3D printing.
Join our vibrant and energetic team and use your skills to solve customer challenges while getting opportunities to give back to the community. Work-life balance and employee appreciation are essential, and you’ll have both when you work at Extol. Together, we’ll create great outcomes for our customers, the community, and each other.
Are you detail-oriented, innovative, and a team player? Extol is currently looking for an Additive Manufacturing Engineering Technician – Finishing for our Digital Development Center (DDC). You will be responsible for the successful post-processing of parts, including dying and vapor smoothing but is most specifically focused on the assembly and scanning of large and complex printed parts. This role is also responsible for collaborating with DDC team members to continuously improve processes and the customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on joining printed parts
- Assemble Customer parts with various joining technologies
- Dye and Vapor Smooth parts as needed
- Consult with and advise AM Project Engineer on part-splitting strategy
- Scan parts and create scan reports
- Package Orders
- Support Printing Operations as needed
- Understand and utilize visual management tools in the DDC to accomplish directed daily work
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability and desire to work in a team.
- A passion for progressing the additive manufacturing industry.
- Affinity for hands-on work.
- Understanding of workplace safety requirements.
- Zeal to improve methods and processes.
- Ability to lift 30 – 50 pounds periodically.
- Associate Degree or similar experience.
- Experience with 3D printing.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with MJF and DLP 3D printing
- Experience with Model Making
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Hours Required: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week (Average)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday with weekends as needed. This unique role may require flexible hours and operation of printing equipment outside of Extol’s normal business hours. This will be on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the DDC Ops Lead. Travel is not expected.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.