Extol, Inc. is looking for a motivated Applications Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess mechanical aptitude, the desire to work independently in a hands-on environment, and strong problem-solving skills. Contributing to an excellent customer experience is essential in this role.
Strong candidates will demonstrate the ability to communicate well with customers and team members, maintain an open mind, and enjoy a good balance of mental and physical challenges. The typical Applications Engineer’s day consists of setting up tools, evaluating processes, testing and running parts, CAD use, making suggestions, writing reports, and contributing to sales calls. If you enjoy diversity in job duties and working with a great team, this role is for you!
- Assist customers and potential customers by providing on-site training, product presentations, process development, and process improvement support.
- Work with Extol customers to develop customer part features that optimize part joining/assembly performance.
- Determine the best machine and tool options for processing customer parts and provide input for Extol sales, quoting, and design.
- Determine the steps required to manufacture parts or assemblies to customer specifications.
- Conduct process development experiments to determine process limits and new process possibilities.
- Create and maintain application lab records, including all reports, drawings, models, photos, and other relevant documents.
- Four-year degree in engineering or engineering technology is preferred.
- Ability to use design software, preferably SolidWorks, to review and create basic drawings and models.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to clearly document technical information, clarify unclear issues, convey information to customers and salespeople, and maintain detail accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to get the job done.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Basic understanding of plastic joining methods and plastic part design and composition
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick Time Off, Community Service Time (Significant Impact Hours), and nine Holidays.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – employees gain ownership interest in the company.
- Profit Sharing – a portion of the company profits are distributed to employees each quarter the target profit level is reached.
- Dental, Vision, Group Life, and Disability Insurance – Employer-paid benefits.
- Additional Benefits – Medical Insurance, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, and Educational Reimbursement Program.