Extol is an innovative manufacturing technology company striving to improve plastic products through engineering, plastic assembly technology, custom automation, and 3D printing.
Join our vibrant and energetic team and use your skills to solve customer challenges while getting opportunities to give back to the community. Work-life balance and employee appreciation are essential, and you’ll have both when you work at Extol. Together, we’ll create great outcomes for our customers, the community, and each other.
The Buyer 1 assists in purchasing direct materials and job supplies at the most favorable price, terms, quality, and lead times. Buyer 1 will track purchases, monitor vendor quality, and assist in maintaining the database with vendor information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and submit purchase orders for required components to approved vendors based on timing and cost requirements.
- Assists accounting with general inventory counts and correcting discrepancies between supplier invoicing and packing slips.
- Assists in maintaining positive supplier relationships.
- Work with vendors to facilitate the return of unused items in a timely manner and ensure we are issued the appropriate refund.
- Obtain Kanban cards and re-order or re-fill components at point of use.
- Ensure outstanding purchase order requirements are fulfilled on time by managing the confirmation process on a daily basis (timing and cost).
- Ensure all pricing is up to date in item master and on every purchase order.
- Cross-train and act as a potential backup in critical shipping & receiving functions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
Required Skills & Experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally and both orally and written in order to resolve discrepancies or delays.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management.
- 2+ years of Purchasing experience.
- Experience in purchasing and materials management in a high mix, low volume environment.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average), Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
No overnight business travel should be expected.
In addition to the following the Buyer 1 is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
- General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.
- Routinely able to lift boxes or components weighing up to 50 lbs.