Extol is an innovative manufacturing technology company striving to improve plastic products through engineering, plastic assembly technology, custom automation, and 3D printing.
Join our vibrant and energetic team and use your skills to solve customer challenges while getting opportunities to give back to the community. Work-life balance and employee appreciation are essential, and you’ll have both when you work at Extol. Together, we’ll create great outcomes for our customers, the community, and each other.
Are you detail-oriented, organized, and a team player? Extol is currently in search of a Buyer 2. You will be responsible for purchasing materials at the most favorable price, terms, quality, and lead times. In addition, you will track purchases, monitor vendor quality, and assist in maintaining the database with vendor information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates and submits purchase orders, sources alternative products or vendors, and manages costing for vendor-managed inventory.
- Communicates with internal personnel regarding timing of material delivery, payment terms, and product discrepancies.
- Assists accounting with correcting discrepancies and performs general inventory counts.
- Assists in maintaining positive supplier relationships and works with vendors to facilitate return of unused items.
- Cross-trains, acts as backup for critical shipping & receiving functions, improves flow of incoming materials continuously, and identifies areas for inventory reduction.
- Manages Item Master staging in addition to issuing signed out general inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management.
- 3+ years of Purchasing experience.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and both orally and written, to resolve discrepancies or delays.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in purchasing and materials management in a high-mix, low-volume environment.
- Demonstrated history of improving procurement processes.
- Experience in automotive/electrical purchasing a plus.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average), Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
No overnight business travel should be expected.
In addition to the following the Buyer 2 is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company-communicated expectations.
- General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.
- Routinely able to lift boxes or components weighing up to 50 lbs.