The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level to support the organization. This hands-on position supports in the following functional areas: recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, and employee relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits for open positions and schedules interviews ensuring a delightful candidate experience.
- Onboard new employees.
- Maintain employee folders.
- Process Employee Change Forms.
- Be an active member of the Social Team to build community.
- Assist with open enrollment under direction of the Human Resources Manager (HR Manager).
- Assists in benefits administration including reconciling benefit statements.
- Continuously improve upon Human Resource processes.
- Attend job fairs, networking events, community, or school events to attract quality candidates; build a “bench” of candidates for future positions.
- Research various state regulations as it relates to company policy, employee relation issues, etc.
- Answer general employee questions relating to benefits, FMLA, etc.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues if exposed to information.
- Along with the HR Manager, ensure job descriptions are maintained for active positions.
- Actively maintain organizational chart.
- Act as backup for critical HR functions.
- Review and audit the Worker’s Compensation process and documentation.
- Track and report HR metrics.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service mindset
Preferred Skills & Experience
- PHR or SHRM certification
- Master’s degree in human resources or related field
- Experience using ADP
Hours Required: Full-Time, Exempt
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
No overnight business travel should be expected.
In addition to the following the Human Resources Manager is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.