The Human Resources Manager designs, implements, executes, and continually improves programs that align with the organization’s vision and core values. This hands-on position is responsible for key areas such as recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, and employee relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the company performance management system which includes the performance evaluation process, performance improvement plan process and applicable technology.
- Participate in and analyze compensation surveys to proactively update Extol’s compensation plans annually to ensure competitiveness.
- Network with other Human Resource professionals in the area to maintain a pulse on local employment and benefits trends.
- Responsible for recruiting efforts for open positions and for future needs. This may involve internal recruitment, working with outside talent agencies, participating in college career fairs, and establishing relationships with college personnel.
- Administer company benefits including spearheading open enrollment (outside of the ESOP).
- Be an active member of the safety team and ensure company compliance with insurance and governmental regulations.
- Responsible for the employee onboarding program.
- Work closely with company managers to aid them in performance reviews and feedback. Help them with administering difficult conversations, including disciplinary actions.
- Assist in difficult staffing duties such as employment terminations.
- Manage the company apprenticeship program and ensure state reporting compliance.
- Spearhead talent retention efforts including people development activities.
- In conjunction with company leadership, spearhead appropriate people development activities and succession planning.
- Lead development, implementation, coordination and presentation of training programs and opportunities.
- Assist in the creation and help to maintain an atmosphere that will foster an “open door” policy to improve employee communication and satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local government regulations as they related to the Human Resource functions.
- Continuously improve upon Human Resource processes.
- Research and propose policies to management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources.
- Society of Human Resource Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional of Human Resource (PHR) certification.
- A minimum of five years of Human Resources experience in a small to medium size company, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proven experience designing and implementing Human Resource programs that align with corporate culture and support key performance measures.
- An understanding of and passion for organizational development.
- Proven experience driving continuous improvement activities that lead to measurable results.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to be hands-on.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience using ADP
Hours Required: Full-Time, 45 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
No overnight business travel should be expected.
In addition to the following the Human Resources Manager is also responsible in supporting Extol’s leadership of the organization by adhering to all company communicated expectations.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.