Extol is an innovative manufacturing technology company striving to improve plastic products through engineering, plastic assembly technology, custom automation, and 3D printing.
Join our vibrant and energetic team and use your skills to solve customer challenges while getting opportunities to give back to the community. Work-life balance and employee appreciation are essential, and you’ll have both when you work at Extol. Together, we’ll create great outcomes for our customers, the community, and each other.
Are you mechanically inclined, eager to learn, and looking to find an entry-level machine-building position? Or are you looking for an opportunity to continue developing your skills and further your career in machine building? If so, we would like to hear from you! As a Machine Builder at Extol, you will perform machine assembly, wiring, plumbing, and debugging of standard and custom machines. You will also coordinate and complete the project from start to run-off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies root cause of issues/problems and implements solutions.
- Tracks and analyzes machine build costs, purchases and monitors job materials as needed.
- Interprets schematics to perform machine wiring and plumbing. Uses a variety of hand tools and power tools but not limited to: drills, saws, grinders, sanders, milling machines, etc.
- Performs machine dry cycle run, error proofing, debug, and runoff process.
- May assist with product installation, customer demonstration and training, and provide warranty and service work at customer locations.
- Supports project team with design reviews to communicate assembly best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent with strong technical background.
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate and match wire colors and read prints and schematics.
- Ability to work moving in, under and around machines, often in tight places.
- Requires regular manual lifting of up to 50 lbs., with greater lifting requirements being done with an overhead crane, if needed.
- Positioning often requires extended reach.
- Must be able to manually apply torque to fasteners.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Successful completion of a qualified apprentice program with possession of a Die Maker, Machinist, or Machine Builder card, or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement methods used in Lean Manufacturing Environments.
- Understanding of demands for high volume production environments required for automation equipment.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average), Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
May perform installation, warranty, and service work at customer locations. This will sometimes require overnight travel.