Manage projects from receipt of the purchase order until has been shipped and the customer satisfied. Works internally and with customers to ensure product meets customer expatiation in terms of design, performance, and timeliness. Ensures appropriate documentation is completed throughout project, and documents lessons learned for use in future project planning. Projects will range from simple to highly complex.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The activities listed below will be performed at all levels with independence. Independent thought and problem-solving is expected with ability to identify difficulties and works to take proactive measures and prevent project delays.
- Leads project team, clarifies customer requirements and specification as outlined in the quote and customer specifications.
- Establish timelines and required milestones for projects and effectively communicate these milestones to the team.
- Effectively manage project financial performance by executing company best practices
- Drive and lead team rhythms and communication based on Extol operating principles (i.e. standup meetings and whiteboards).
- Works with the project team to ensure design concept is consistent with the project scope and satisfies all project requirements.
- Complete appropriate documentation for machine – including a product manual for the customer.
- Follow the existing processes that make up the Extol Quality Management System with discipline and be audit-ready every day.
- Assess cross-functional team members on performance.
- Complete employee performance reviews on time and develop Performance Improvement Plans as needed.
- Set project team and individual objectives to increase team performance and effectiveness while supporting business unit strategy.
- Track and report quality metrics (On Time/Complete, Variance, Rework, Clean Kickoff) for the designated project team.
- Manage root cause and corrective action activity for issues identified in the project team.
- Adhere to all leadership expectations as outlined in regular communication, policies, and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS degree in Engineering and minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience with demonstrated ability to conclude highly complex projects on time and within budget.
- Proven experience leading teams to perform.
- In-depth understanding of project management concepts, practices, tools/techniques, and procedures to complex and unique projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing direct reports in technical project environments.
- Maintains PMP or CAPM certification from PMI.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift/push equipment or material weighing over 50 pounds (occasionally lift/push equipment or material weighing over 100 pounds with assistance provided) with or without accommodations.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with customer service orientation.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Exempt (Salary)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
Some overnight and extended work travel required.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.