Extol is an innovative manufacturing technology company striving to improve plastic products through engineering, plastic assembly technology, custom automation, and 3D printing. Join our team and use your skills to solve customer challenges while getting opportunities to give back to the community. Work-life balance and employee appreciation are essential, and you’ll have both when you work at Extol.
The Senior Applications and Sales Engineer will develop new customers, maintain current business relationships, and guide customers to technical solutions that help them create value with additive manufacturing. Understanding customer needs and putting in the necessary work to assure Extol is providing the right solution to the customer’s problem is the constant goal.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Grow the sales of the Additive Manufacturing Business Unit by maintaining relationships with current customers, expanding business within current customers, along with finding and developing new customers.
- Understand customer needs and problems, to the root cause.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge and expertise about additive manufacturing and HP MJF 3D printing and use that expertise to help the customer find solutions.
- Develop and present compelling value propositions for additive manufacturing.
- Generate Additive Manufacturing sales opportunities and close sales to achieve the annual plan revenue and profit targets for the business unit.
- Promote Extol’s full range of capabilities where appropriate to contribute to the success of other business units.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. degree in Engineering or relevant discipline. Relevant experience in substitution of degree may be considered
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to be persuasive and to clearly understand and communicate complex technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates organizational skills including an ability to manage varying demands and deadlines. Demonstrates discipline to compile, organize, and store project information, and to effectively manage communication.
- Demonstrates understanding of business finance and the ability to apply understanding to estimate project costs.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and initiative to independently develop customer relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly analyze, compare, and interpret detailed information to uncover root issues.
- Experience in sales, engineering, costing/quoting, or equivalent, relating to 3D printing or other highly technical products
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift/push equipment or material up to 20lbs. with or without restrictions.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with designing for additive manufacturing or sales related to additive manufacturing.