The Service Engineer 2 installs, repairs, and services plastic assembly machines at a customer site. Identifies the root cause of the reported problem and determines the most effective solutions to prevent further concerns. Troubleshoots and optimizes custom and standard machines to achieve functionality and required cycle times. Provide technical training for all plastics joining processes to customers and Extol personnel and assists with the development of process standards and best practices. Works to achieve customer satisfaction in diverse situations.
The Service Engineer 2 will complete basic projects and may include large/complex equipment requiring more in-depth technical abilities. Training in plastics joining, processing, and troubleshooting required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading projects to include ordering parts, complex programming, and coordination of resources with other teams.
- May schedule service engineer calls.
- Works with the service team on internal projects which include fixture assembly, wiring, and programming.
- Debugs and optimizes machine controls and manufacturing process to achieve specified machine functionality and required cycle times with the assistance of a Service Engineer 3.
- Interprets customer-specific requirements and programs PLCs, PCs robots, servos, etc., for machine control. Program software interface for operator ease of use.
- Problem-solve for electric circuitry issues which may require wiring changes to the machine.
- Update electrical schematics to document changes after service work is complete. Update sequence of operations, programs, schematics, and operator interface screens for machine documentation.
- Performs installation of standard equipment, custom machines, and provides warranty and service work at customer locations. Identifies the scope and root cause of reported problems with or without assistance from a higher-level Service Engineer.
- Determines the best resolution in terms of cost, quality, and time required to fix problems to avoid reoccurrence.
- Works to continuously improve systems, methods, and processes.
- Takes ownership of the service function.
- May assist in machine concepting, quoting, or design reviews.
- Follow all safety requirements and communicates any safety concerns.
- Adhere to all leadership expectations as outlined in regular communication, policies, and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in an automated machinery or plastics assembly environment.
- Experience with PLC and HI logic (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills to resolve complaints and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to create and troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic circuits and schematics.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Well organized and able to efficiently plan and complete work details.
- Understanding of third-party component software (i.e., color sensors, screw qualifiers, barcode readers, etc.).
- Ability to be proactive in identifying and addressing issues and opportunities.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate machining skills (drill-press, lathe, Bridgeport mill, etc.).
- Understanding of NEC requirements, machine safety, and work safety.
- Understanding of advanced machine design, build, and controls systems.
- Experience wiring special machines, working with AC and DC motors and gearings, and designing or building electrical panels.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
Frequent overnight business travel required.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.