Extol is an innovative manufacturing technology company striving to improve plastic products through engineering, plastic assembly technology, custom automation, and 3D printing.
Join our vibrant and energetic team and use your skills to solve customer challenges while getting opportunities to give back to the community. Work-life balance and employee appreciation are essential, and you’ll have both when you work at Extol. Together, we’ll create great outcomes for our customers, the community, and each other.
Do you enjoy problem-solving, ongoing learning, taking challenges head-on, and having independence and variety in the workplace? If so, we would like to hear from you! Extol is offering an exciting opportunity as a service engineer. You will receive training in PLCs, HMIs, robots, and servo motion control to meet the customer’s needs while advancing your career. You will install, repair, and service plastic assembly machines in customers’ facilities. As a service engineer, you’ll get to be the one who comes in and saves the day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on projects which include fixture, assembly, wiring, and programming amongst different levels in complexity in PLCs, robots, servos, etc.
- Debugs and optimizes machine controls, problem-solve for electric circuitry issues
- Update electrical schematics and sequence of operations, programs, & operator interface screens for machine documentation.
- Troubleshooting machine issues, identify root cause issues, and continuously improve systems, methods, and processes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide technical training on a variety of different equipment.
- Developing or modifying process settings for a variety of plastic assembly processes
Required Skills & Experience:
- 0-5 years of experience in an automated machinery or plastics assembly environment.
- Experience with PLC & HMI logic (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.) and an understanding of third-party component software (i.e. color sensors, screw qualifiers, barcode readers, etc.)
- Demonstrated broad understanding of manufacturing techniques (plastics joining and various assembly methods) with the ability to problem-solve moderately complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to resolve complaints and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to create and troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic circuits and schematics.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated initiative to be proactive in identifying and addressing issues and opportunities.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Associate’s in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Proficient machining skills (drill-press, lathe, Bridgeport mill, etc.).
- Understanding of machine design, build, and controls systems.
- Understanding of NEC requirements, machine safety, and work safety.
- Understanding of various joining processes with the ability to develop creative solutions to complex production issues.
- Experience wiring special machines, working with AC and DC motors and gearings, and designing or building electrical panels.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage service projects and to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets.
Hours Required: Full-Time, 48 Hours/Week (Average) Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Regular Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (from time to time, work may require non-typical work hours to accommodate project deadlines and irregular workflow).
Frequent overnight business travel required.
General manufacturing environment, daily exposure to machinery and potential non-hazardous chemicals and lubricants.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location