What is spin welding?
Spin welding is a method of joining plastic components together with surface friction concentrated in a circular weld joint. One part is spun relative to another and force is applied, causing the material to heat and melt. The spinning process stops and the parts continue to be pressed together while they bond together.
Need design help?
Check out our spin welding design guidelines.
How spin welding works
Spin Welding Benefits
- Aggressive joining method
- High-strength welds
- Hermetically sealed joints
- Cost-effective for round weld joints
- Works with amorphous and semi-crystalline thermoplastics
- Materials must be compatible with each other
- Composite materials and materials with fillers are acceptable
Read our blog posts about spin welding.
Check out our spin welder equipment options.
Improve your plastic products.
Tell us about your project, and we’ll show you how we can help.