Benchtop, servo-driven hot-plate welding
Smallest available servo-driven, hot-plate welder on the market. Ideal for smaller assemblies, cleanrooms, & limited space environments. Can be used in non-contact applications as well.
The Servo-Driven Hot-Plate Welding Process
Servo-controlled press platens bring two halves of an assembly into contact with heating tooling which melts the weld joint. The heated tooling is quickly removed and the platens bring the part halves together and apply pressure as they bond, all without hard stops.
Compact Fusion Benefits
Efficient benchtop design makes this the smallest servo-driven hot-plate welder on the market.
Servo-driven platens eliminate the need for hard-stops and provide ultimate force, velocity, and displacement control and feedback.
Intuitive operator interface and user-defined I/O make for easy configuration while unlocking the power of the Compact Fusion.
The impressive list of standard features include:
- 3 servo-driven platens: upper and lower press platens and heated platen provide fast and precise force, velocity, and displacement control for consistent melt and seal profile.
- Coordinated press platen motion ensures consistent melt and seal profile regardless of upper and lower press toll height.
- On-board SPC data logging of previous 50 cycles provides an accurate history for monitoring quality.
- (16) recipe storage capacity allows for efficient setup and adjustment of process parameters.
- Allen-Bradley CompactLogix Processor and PanelView Plus 6.5" (165 mm) color, touchscreen HMI delivers intuitive machine control.
- English and metric units.
- Multiple temperature control zones; Max temp: 1000° F (538° C) maintain isothermal heated tooling.
- Heater burnout and open thermocouple monitoring halts operation in case of malfunction.
- Safe-exit emergency stop routine prevents over-exposure of parts to the heated platen.
- Lighting inside machine illuminates internal working area.
Available options include:
- Stage II data collection package provides remote SPC data acquisition.
- Adjustable height machine base for ergonomic operation.
- Large 12" HMI for increased visibility of operator interface.
- Integrated load cells provides improved force monitoring through the cycle with closed-loop feedback to the controller.
- Integrated optical linear scales provides press-platens position feedback through the cycle.
- Back-up power supply to maintain control power for safety (not operation) during power outage.
Ask about customizing a Compact Fusion to your exact specifications.
Ready to get started?
Tell us about your project and how we can help. Get your plastic assembly equipment and services done your way.