Servo-driven hot-plate welding
Rapid Conductor™ is the most sophisticated hot-plate welder available and features servo-controlled platens for fast, powerful, and independent force, and distance precision.
The Servo-Driven Hot-Plate Welding Process
Rapid Conductor Overview
In a class of its own, the Rapid Conductor™ is the most precise hot-plate welder on the market. Three servo-driven platens are expertly programmed to provide accurate velocity, force, and displacement control.
Exceptional plastics-joining results attract customers from diverse industries around the globe. Servo-driven hot-plate welding is preferred for applications which require a robust weld, a hermetic seal, and for components with complex geometries.
Rapid Conductor Benefits
Three servo-driven platens deliver fast platen motion and minimized open times resulting in a shorter cycle time.
Servo-driven platens eliminate the need for hard-stops and provide ultimate force, velocity, and displacement control and feedback.
Interchangeable tooling and heated tool storage options allow for a complete tooling changeover in minutes.
Intuitive operator interface and user-defined I/O make for easy configuration while unlocking the power of the Rapid Conductor.
Rapid Conductor Models
There are three different Rapid Conductor models available.
- 10 x 15″ heated platen working area
- 2000 lbs maximum clamp force
- 5 temperature control zones
- 15 x 24″ heated platen working area
- 4000 lbs maximum clamp force
- 7 temperature control zones
- 20 x 40″ heated platen working area
- 6000 lbs maximum clamp force
- 9 temperature control zones
The impressive list of standard features include:
- 3 servo-driven platens: upper and lower press platens and heated platen provide fast and precise force, velocity, and displacement control for consistent melt and seal profile.
- On-board SPC data logging of previous 50 cycles provides an accurate history for monitoring quality.
- (16) recipe storage capacity allows for efficient setup and adjustment of process parameters.
- Automatic teach mode eliminates the guesswork of initial process setup.
- Thermal expansion compensation technology maintains the centered position of heated tooling while allowing for thermal expansion.
- User-defined I/O for tooling functions enables easy configuration of sensors and valves through the operator interface.
- Safe-exit emergency stop routine prevents over-exposure of parts to the heated platen.
- and more…
Available options include:
- Stage II data collection package provides remote SPC data acquisition.
- Calibration kit allows for recalibration of machine.
- Quick-change tooling package enables faster and easier tool changes.
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) with controlled shutdown mode (CSM) protects operators and machine in the event of power failure.
- Cleanroom package meets requirements and specifications for machine to operate in a cleanroom.
- High-acceleration press platens (Model 1015 only) provides improved material release from heated tooling after melt phase.
- Barcode reading/processing capability allows for integration with manufacturing traceability systems.
We make custom hot-plate welders.
With a custom hot-plate welder, the possibilities are endless. We design a solution around your application to meet your specific needs.
Request a quote for a hot-plate welder.
Tell us about your application and request a quote. Whether you want a Rapid Conductor hot-plate welder or a custom solution, we’ve got you covered.
Let us know what you need.