Servo-driven hot-plate welding
Rapid Conductor™ is the most sophisticated hot-plate welder available and features servo-controlled platens for fast, powerful, and independent force, and distance precision.
The Servo-Driven Hot-Plate Welding Process
Rapid Conductor Overview
In a class of its own, the Rapid Conductor™ is the most precise hot-plate welder on the market. Three servo-driven platens are expertly programmed to provide accurate velocity, force, and displacement control.
Exceptional plastics-joining results attract customers from diverse industries around the globe. Servo-driven hot-plate welding is preferred for applications which require a robust weld, a hermetic seal, and for components with complex geometries.
Rapid Conductor Benefits
Three servo-driven platens deliver fast platen motion and minimized open times resulting in a shorter cycle time.
Servo-driven platens eliminate the need for hard-stops and provide ultimate force, velocity, and displacement control and feedback.
Interchangeable tooling and heated tool storage options allow for a complete tooling changeover in minutes.
Intuitive operator interface and user-defined I/O make for easy configuration while unlocking the power of the Rapid Conductor.
Rapid Conductor Models
There are three different Rapid Conductor models available.
- 10 x 15″ heated platen working area
- 2000 lbs maximum clamp force
- 5 temperature control zones
- 15 x 24″ heated platen working area
- 4000 lbs maximum clamp force
- 7 temperature control zones
- 20 x 40″ heated platen working area
- 6000 lbs maximum clamp force
- 9 temperature control zones
The impressive list of standard features include:
- 3 servo-driven platens: upper and lower press platens and heated platen provide fast and precise force, velocity, and displacement control for consistent melt and seal profile.
- On-board SPC data logging of previous 50 cycles provides an accurate history for monitoring quality.
- (16) recipe storage capacity allows for efficient setup and adjustment of process parameters.
- Automatic teach mode eliminates the guesswork of initial process setup.
- Thermal expansion compensation technology maintains the centered position of heated tooling while allowing for thermal expansion.
- User-defined I/O for tooling functions enables easy configuration of sensors and valves through the operator interface.
- Safe-exit emergency stop routine prevents over-exposure of parts to the heated platen.
- and more…
Available options include:
- Stage II data collection package provides remote SPC data acquisition.
- Calibration kit allows for recalibration of machine.
- Quick-change tooling package enables faster and easier tool changes.
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) with controlled shutdown mode (CSM) protects operators and machine in the event of power failure.
- Cleanroom package meets requirements and specifications for machine to operate in a cleanroom.
- High-acceleration press platens (Model 1015 only) provides improved material release from heated tooling after melt phase.
- Barcode reading/processing capability allows for integration with manufacturing traceability systems.
Ready to get started?
Tell us about your project and how we can help. Get your plastic assembly equipment and services done your way.