Rapid Conductor Maintenance
The following preventative maintenance procedures are an easy way to keep the Rapid Conductor running smoothly. Additional preventative maintenance can be found in the Rapid Conductor user manual. If you need one, please contact us to request a copy of the Rapid Conductor user manual.
The recommended frequencies are based on typical usage. Please evaluate your usage conditions and manufacturing environment and adjust as necessary.
How often should the filters be cleaned?
There are two filters in the electrical enclosure on the back of the machine. There are two additional filters on 1524 and 2040 models. One on the lower right-hand side and one on the top of the machine.
1. Carefully remove filter cover.
2. Inspect the filter for cleanliness.
3. Clean the filter or replace as necessary.
4. Reinstall filter and cover.
How often should the belts be inspected?
1. Open the right-hand access door.
Caution! The welder may be hot.
2. Inspect heated platen belt, upper press platen belt, and lower press platen belt.
Inspect entire length of each belt. Check for broken or cracking teeth. Check for any fraying of steel banding inside of belt. Check belt tension.
Tip: To better view the press platen belts, use a mirror or a camera.
3. If any belt shows signs of wear, replace the belt as soon as possible.
Lubricate Ball Screws
How often should the ball screws be lubricated?
1. Open front guard doors.
2. Fully extend upper platen.
Make sure the upper platen and tooling do not collide with any other tooling.
3. Spray the length of the upper ball screw with lubricant.
4. Retract upper platen.
5. Repeat process to lubricate lower ball screw.
Repeat steps 2 through 4 using the lower platen.
Lubricate Heat Platen Bearings
How often should the heat platen linear bearings be lubricated?
Every 3 months or 15,000 cycles
Lubricate Press Platen Bearings
How often should the press platen linear bearings be lubricated?
Every 6 months or 30,000 cycles
3. Fully extend upper platen.
Make sure the upper platen and tooling does not collide with any other tooling.
4. Apply grease to two upper platen inner bearing blocks.
Have a question?
Please contact us with any questions.