Servo-driven spin welding
The Vortex® PRECEDENCE™ servo-driven spin welder is the best equipped, highest value machine in its class.
The Spin Welding Process
Spin welding is a method of joining plastic components together with surface friction concentrated in a circular weld joint. One part is spun relative to another and force is applied, causing the material to heat and melt. The spinning process stops and the parts continue to be pressed together while they bond together.
Vortex PRECEDENCE Overview
The Vortex® PRECEDENCE™ servo-driven spin welder is the best equipped, highest value machine in its class. The rugged cast iron column and heavy-duty aluminum base set the foundation for achieving robust and repeatable weld assemblies. An integrated power supply/controller keeps the footprint of this benchtop unit very compact.
Vortex PRECEDENCE Benefits
Proprietary electro-pneumatic z-axis control system allows for programmable, in-cycle force and velocity changes while providing dynamic follow-through to the weld.
10 HP peak power servo-drive motor provides up to 1,210 in-lb of torque (G5 model).
Fully-integrated power supply, controls, E-stop button, and operator interface means there is no bulky control box taking up extra space.
Easy to Operate
Comprehensive and intuitive graphical interface makes for easy setup and even easier operation.
Vortex PRECEDENCE Models
There are three different Vortex PRECEDENCE models available.
- 1:1 gear ratio
- 28 Nm (247 in-lb) peak torque
- Up to 5000 rpm
- 3:1 gear ratio
- 82 Nm (762 in-lb) peak torque
- Up to 1667 rpm
- 5:1 gear ratio
- 137 Nm (1210 in-lb) torque
- Up to 1000 rpm
The impressive list of standard features include:
- 4 unique weld modes:
- Collapse Distance controls weld joint displacement.
- Total Distance controls final assembly height.
- Revolutions controls number of spindle rotations.
- Time controls weld duration.
- Powerful 3.0 kW motor provides powerful and precise control of direction, angle, and speed.
- Up to 400 lbs programmable force for controlled dynamic pressure during and after welding.
- Proprietary dual-proportional valve pneumatic actuation for programmable velocity and force control.
- Vacuum or positive air pressure integrated into upper tooling spindle for simple part retention.
- Integrated power supply for true benchtop design.
- and more…
Available options include:
- Stage II data collection package provides remote SPC data acquisition.
- 240 VAC power version.
- Remote HMI for easy operator interface in welder integration applications.
- 4" and 8" column riser blocks for taller components.
- Part presence sensing for error-proofing.
- Centering Tool Kit for leveling and centering the lower tooling plate.
- Adjustable height machine base for ergonomic operation.
- Integration into custom-designed manufacturing equipment.
Ask about customizing a Vortex PRECEDENCE to your exact specifications.
Improve your plastic products.
Whatever you’re making with plastic, we can help you make it better and more efficiently.
Tell us about your project, and we’ll show you how we can help.